April 30, 2012

3KCBWDAY6 - Improving Your Skill Set

I lost my internet - sorry about that.  Day 5 was about a different kind of post - I'm not going to do that.  It did not inspire me.

But Day 6 is all about how far on my crafting journey do I think I am.

I'm a competent knitter.  I know my knits, I can 'read' my knitting.  I can decipher a cable or lace pattern.  I can write a pattern that others could follow.  I have had a pattern published and have a pattern for SALE on Ravelry, and have had sales already! :-o  I am wear I want to be on my journey.  As far as skills go, one that I do want to pick up is double knitting.  I am comfortable with slip stitches and mosaic knitting techniques, I like color-work and am while I HATE it while I'm working it, I love the effect.  Cables come easy now, and I think they get better all the time.  I have started working on keeping even tension, and making finishing a priority.

I love this craft because there is a journey to take.  It's a long one, with lots of different arteries.  How has your crafting path evolved?

To read all about how others taking part in Knitting and crochet blog week are expanding their sets of skills (or not!), simply perform a Google search for the tag 3KCBWDAY6, or click here.

No comments: