April 24, 2012

3KCBWDAY1 - Colour Lovers

I have decided to participate in the 3rd annual Knit & Crochet Blog Week.  It's this week.  I decided late on Monday and promptly fell asleep after killing myself doing paperwork for Exciting News for today's blog.

Day 1's theme is Color:
"Color is one of our greatest expressions of ourselves when we choose to knit or crochet, so how do you choose what colours you buy and crochet or knit with. Have a look through your stash and see if there is a predominance of one colour. Do the same with your finished projects - do they match? Do you love a rainbow of bright hues, or more subdued tones. How much attention do you pay to the original colour that a garment is knit in when you see a pattern? Tell readers about your love or confusion over color."

What colors draw me in?  Greens, Blues, Purples, BRIGHTS.  Here's a photo of my stash of sock yarn circa 2010.  It's been enhanced.  And I have to say that I like to keep my blues and greens don't I?

And here's a picture of my stash in my bookshelf.  So pretty.....  Also lots of greens and blue.

Here's my sock projects ... again:  greens and blues are here... I like those cool and jewel tones a lot.

I love blues and brights.  Lots of love for purple too :)

BIG NEWS:

I say this reflection comes at the right time - we're buying a house.  A giant 4 bedroom home with room for a CRAFT ROOM!  I have to pick a color of the walls!  I hope for a green and a purple?  That seems to be a good portion of my stash.... So excited, but I am bad at decorating.  We'll see how this goes huh?

No comments: