May 6, 2013

April's FO's and WIP's

With my trips out of town and a death in my partner's family, I'm a little behind.  It's ok.  Super pretty stuff is worth the wait I hope.

Trip was safe, learned some good things, got lots of pretty treats.

On the Needles:

I've been doing a few hexapuffs for the beekeepers quilt.  I've been using scraps of sock yarn, the latest puffs came from a pair of socks I made for my mom for Christmas in 2009.
Those puffs are very colorful!

I have been working on a hooded scarf for my mom out of yarn that is similar to muppet pelt.  No pictures of this, I will deny working with fun-fur.  I'm a "real" knitter after all...

I am going to work on a sweater soon, very soon.  If I blog it, it makes it true.

I am lastly working on some sock out of Tough Sock from Knit and Fiber Creations.  The color is inspired by The Walking Dead Season 3.  Yay!  I'm making up the pattern.  Sprial Slipped Stitches...


So pretty.  A deep brown on white with hints of pink.  

FINISHED OBJECTS:

I finished stuff, oh yeah!  

I finished a pair of plain socks also with the Walking Dead season 3 sock yarn ... 


Browns, greys, white and blue, inspired by Rick.  mmmm.

I finished working up a pattern with the help of test knitter RachelCables, and here we are on my front porch modeling our socks.  I have the little feet, my feet are child sized, she's a normal human being.


I also finished a sample for Fuzzy Wuzzy Yarns, a garter stitch lace garter.  A wedding keepsake!
Classes are on May 14 or June 11!  I used a lace edging from Franklin Habit's Knitty.com article and went at it with excel and swatches.  I think the result is very nice.

And lastly, 2 shawls.  A very special couple is getting married next month, the colors of the wedding are Bird of Paradise colors.  Her shawl is here in black and white.


The other shawl is likely what I will where to the wedding...  it's a WIP picture, but I will get better pictures for my ravelry page later.

To get back on track you can expect a double May entry in a couple days!

No comments: