September 21, 2013

That whooshing noise that the end of summer makes ... when the bobbins are spinning.

Did the end of summer pass you by just as fast for you as it did for me?

I love the end of summer and the beginning of fall.  So many fiber festivals and yarny events.  So much running around and getting everything ready for the fall rain and the winter snow.  It's time to knit!

I have been spinning though, I'm loving this hobby.  Here's what I've done:

I finished the Corridale I talked about Hawser Plying in the past month's blog.  It's been set and is ready for gift giving.  How pretty is this?

I made a chain plied BFL from Two if by Hand that I got as a door prize at Yarn School.  It was in the color Lurky.  Very Halloween.  The red is bobbin leftovers from the above yarn.  (I know that red just turns into purple with those blues!)



I decided they would make baby legwarmers - showed them off in the last post!  I did removed the pink from the mix for the project though.  The tone was a little off.

I love the next yarn.  I just finished earlier this week.


I worked a Spinning Bunny Batt that I won from Tour de Fleece, a supported long draw.  I worked some top from The Fold, Romney, undyed white, in a true long draw.  I beaded about 300 yards of silver thread.  I then plied them all together.  And it was lovely.  I did have to re-bead at one point because I didn't catch the end of the bobbin before they all slipped off the end!  I also had to spin up more Romney.  All fibers were a delight.  Beaded yarn can go for up to $45 a skein, and I can tell you after creating it - it is worth it.

No comments: