April 15, 2013

Books For April

So, I have been reading a lot lately.  I got books for Christmas and they included The Hunger Games series and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I tore through the Hunger Games books and had started reading a book I picked up on vacation a while back, Breaking the Rock.  It's about the escape attempt from Alcatraz.  It's interesting, but I don't know that I care for the writing style much.  Bounces around a bit, switches between calling people by first, last, and nicknames.  Hard to follow.  But I'm over half way through.  I NEED TO KNOW!

All this other reading really has led me to open some of these other knitting books.  And I got a couple new books, The Spinner's Book of Yarn Designs.

I'm going to take this one to Yarn School with me.  I hope to have some time to really look at it and find out who has tried what.  I like the section on plying.  The Visually Learning book for spinning really does a lousy job with explaining plying.  My favorite part is that there is a swatch knit up in the sample yarn.  I like it.  I think this is a great little resource book!

I have a couple fit for your body books I'd like to get a little further into before I talk about them here.  I also have the Craftsy.com class for Amy Herzog's book.  I hope to cover them together.

1 comment:

Sava said...

I haven't gotten to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo yet, but I loved Hunger Games. Books capture that extra element of internal turmoil that movies just can't get.

I've also had my eye on that particular spinning book. It looks like a good one!